Supporters and Partners
The Pike National Historic Trail:
- is contiguous with the Lewis and Clark NHT/KATY/American Discovery Trail from Fort Bellefontaine/St. Charles MO to the Osage River on the Missouri River.
- joins the Santa Fe NHT in Great Bend KS and follows the SFNHT to LaJunta CO.
- is contiguous with the Old Spanish NHT from the Great Sand Dunes NP in Colorado to the San Juan Pueblo Reservation, north of Santa Fe,
- continues on the El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro NHT from the San Juan Pueblo
Reservation, north of Santa Fe, through New Mexico to Torreón, Mexico, south of Chihuahua,
- follows the El Camino Real de los Tejas NHT from Guerrero [near Eagle Pass] through Texas to Natchitoches LA.
50 to 53% of the
3664 mile Pike
Three segments remain-
Seg. 1: 777 miles
(or 21%) lies on
the Osage River,
on into Kansas &
Nebraska to Great
Seg. 2: 524 miles
(or 14%) lies in
Seg. 3: 512 miles
(or 14%) lies in
The Pike National Historic Trail enjoys the support and partnership of organizations and
- The Santa Fe Trail Association continues to be our helpful partner.
- We appreciate the support of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, the American
Discovery Trail Society, the Old Spanish National Historic Trail Assoc., and the El Camino
Real de Tierra Adentro Assoc.
We are currently seeking the support of the Lewis and Clark Foundation and the El
Camino Real de los Tejas Association.
We also appreciate associations with federal, state and local entities; as well as other
friendly relationships with individuals who bring valuable advice and counsel.
Other long distance trail organizations, NPS, BLM, USFS, Governors, county road
engineers, and many other clubs, government bodies, and organizations continue to be
We covet your support and assistance. We anticipate that:
a) the Federal nomination process for the Pike National Historic Trail [feasibility study and
enactment]; will need your letters, calls and visits by you to your Congressmen and other officials in support.
b) compiling lists of Pike historic or related sites (and locating them), and
We intend, with you help, to continue to keep lists, locate sites, and where appropriate nominate them for Historic Places status and/or make them available for educational purposes.
c) preserving and interpreting sites.
Days in State or Province
Miles Traveled in State or Province